Health and Safety Representative:
One day course. Unit standard 29315
Your health and safety representatives need training to support and empower them to carry out their role. This course introduces them to the rights and responsibilities of their role, including contributing to a safe workplace, advocating for their fellow workers and issuing PINs (Provisional Improvement notices).
The course covers the following:
- The role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative including their role in advocating for workers.
- The obligations of a PCBU and WorkSafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representative.
- The risk management process and communicating risks to workers and management.
- The purpose, procedures and obligations applicable to a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN).
- The rights and process for ceasing unsafe work.