Breathing Apparatus & Gas Suit Training Course
This training is designed for people who need to use BA sets for their employment, or members of industrial rescue squads.
It can be a full day introduction to Breathing Apparatus course or a half-day refresher course.
Sets and cylinders can be provided for up to 10 students who will:
- Gain knowledge of BA and its effects on the physiology of the human body
- Wear the BA in actual or practical simulated conditions
- Manage the BA for safe use and survivability
- Shut down and re-commission the BA
- Put on, wear, and operate a gas suit
A refresher is recommended every two years.
- Introduction Course Objectives
- BA – Set description
- BA – Ancillary equipment
- Pre-use / Donning / Doffing procedures
- Elementary physiology of respiration
- BA – Control procedures
- Guide and personal lines
- Working in heat and smoke
- Search procedure
- Entrapped procedure
- Methods of rescue
- Practical exercises wearing BA
- Cleaning and servicing sets
- Resuscitation and emergency first aid
- Post test
- Course review and close
All participants will complete an assessment at the end of each course.