Breathing Apparatus & Gas Suit Training Course
This training is designed for people who need to use BA sets for their employment, or members of industrial rescue squads. It is assessed against unit standard 25044: Wear and operate compressed air breathing apparatus in the workplace
This is a half day course.
Sets and cylinders can be provided for up to 10 trainees who will:
- Gain knowledge of BA and its effects on the physiology of the human body
- Wear the BA in actual or practical simulated conditions
- Manage the BA for safe use and survivability
- Shut down and re-commission the BA
- Put on, wear, and operate a gas suit
A refresher is recommended every two years.
All participants will complete an assessment at the end of each course.