The Permit to Work system is designed to protect people, assets and the environment from any danger or damage when work that carries risk is performed. It documents a contract between the Permit Issuer and the Permit Receiver. It predetermines:
- the specific work to be carried out
- its location
- the known and potential risks associated with the work and the environment
- the required methods of control
- coordination and communication of hazardous activities in hazardous areas
We provide a course that covers both recieving and issuing worksite specific work permits. The NZQA standards covered are:
- 17588 Apply for, accept, and carry out work according to a work permit in the workplace.
- 17590 Issue worksite specific permits.
These units can be delivered and assessed together, or if preferred, seperately.
A refresher course is recommended every two years.
The course covers all the requirements of work permits and has a strong practical aspect: we can use your own company documentation or, if you prefer, our documents.