F&ST is accredited to train and assess NZQA EWP units. All trainees need to gain the following unit standard:
- 23966 Describe types of elevating work platforms (EWPs) and legislative requirements for their use. This covers the theory.
Trainees then compete one or more of the following practical units, depending on the EWPs they will use:
- 23960 Prepare the worksite and operate a scissor lift EWP
- 23961 Prepare the worksite and operate a truck-mounted EWP
- 23962 Prepare the worksite and operate a self-propelled boom EWP
- 23963 Prepare the worksite and operate a trailer-mounted EWP
- 23964 Prepare the worksite and operate a vertical lift elevating EWP
Our assessors are well qualified and experienced in using and training others to use EWPs.
F&ST is the only company in South Canterbury who currently assesses these units.